Wednesday, August 10, 2011

The Skirt: Day 2


Vintage biker jacket & Mickey Mouse tee: The Vutique, Rodarte skirt: Target, Yellow jelly flats: Chinese Laundry @ Ross



Photographer: Jamie Morel


Darling with a dose of danger is how I would describe this ensemble.  The vintage biker jacket adds a “tai-bo” edge while the yellow jelly sandals make the look light and fluffy, (by now I’m sure you’ve noticed I enjoy a good mixture of sweet and sour in my style).  Of course the Rodarte x Target skirt was incorporated into the look.


Let me tell you the story about this skirt.  I came across it one late afternoon in 2009 while shopping the Rodarte x Target clearance rack.  The price let me know it was go even before I tried it on, but after doing so I was convinced the skirt was for me.  Anywho, the skirt sat in my closet, never seeing the light of day – as many of my pieces do – until the time came when I thought it into existence.  I wore it one way – loved it – then 2 ways, then 3 ways and thought “the possibilities in one garment are endless,” hints this exercise.  Now you try!  Got a moto jacket?  Pair it with a feminine skirt and summery sandals.

Oh yeah, remember the Mickey Mouse tee I did some basic reworking to, well I took the liberty of completely shredding the back and weaving the fabric – tutorial coming soon! Have a lovely Wednesday. 

Don't forget to enter the Erika Lauren Designs GIVEAWAY to score some fantastic jewelry, enter HERE. 

No comments:

Post a Comment