Monday, August 8, 2011

The Skirt: Day 1

Coat: mums, Wife beater boys tank: ex, Rodarte skirt: Target, Vintage belt: The Vutique, Alice & Olivia platforms: Payless




Photographer: Jamie Morel


Here is the first look for the Rodarte x Target “wear it 3 ways” skirt.  Cool for summer, sleek for fall.  Because it’s pretty warm out I avoided all inclinations to layer beyond reason, but there are enough layers in this look that make it ideal for the colder seasons. 
 
I’m a bit of a “man repeller” and naturally gravitate towards masculine pieces.  This forest green coat is from my mums’ collection of old things.  The 80’s coat is a sportier version of your classic trench, complete with shoulder pads which add a very sharp structure to an already masculine coat.  I love the coats stark contrast against such a dainty skirt and find myself styling looks with such a contrast in mind.  If you want your style to invite rather than repel, nix the coat and opt for a fitted denim jacket or blazer. 
 
Have a beautiful Monday. xox

1 comment:

  1. I actually really like this look. I'm not a shoulder pad fan so id personally wear a softer blazer but it works really well together. I wouldn't think to put such a structured top with such a flowy skirt.

    ReplyDelete