Friday, August 12, 2011

The Skirt: Day 3

Satin top: TJMaxx, Rodarte skirt: Target, Shoes: Vince Camuto, Belt: Aeropostale, Earrings: Gifted, Charm Bracelet: Juicy Couture


Photographer: Jamie Morel


“Just got paid, Friday night, party hunting, feelin’ right,” wise words from Johnny Kemp, haha.  It’s Friday ya’ll and the last day of the Rodarte x Target “wear it 3 ways” exercise.  Seeing that it is Friday, I saw it only fit that I put together an end of the week, steppin’ out look.  This is my ode to Gucci’s emerald stricken S/S collection.  I purchased this satin blouse at TJMaxx sometime ago and adore the color and the rosette detailing.  The watermelon inspired color blocking is a plus as well (coincidental, promise).

This fuchsia toned tulle Rodarte skirt has probably become one of my closet favorites thanks to this exercise.  After focusing on styling one piece multiple ways all I can do is think of 101 more ways I’d like to style this skirt, utilizing what I already have.  Instead of styling pieces in my closet 1 or 2 ways all the time, I find myself mixing and matching everything!

If you’re constantly telling yourself you need new clothes, peer into your closet and pull out what you gravitate towards and what you don’t.  Whatever it is that you wear all the time you usually style the same, and whatever just sits in your closet stays there because you don’t have an occasion for it or don’t know how to style it.  Now nix the occasion excuse and mix what you don’t wear with what you do, or mix something dressier with something casual.  Just mix it all up.  I know it’s a bit uncomfortable because 1) you may be stepping out of your comfort zone and 2) you don’t know where to begin, but you’ll find your way, trust me – have to start somewhere.  Style is about taking fashion and making it your own, it’s not about trends or labels.  True personal style is about embodying who you are through what you wear, and doing so confidently.  So go on and make it do what it do baby!  I’ll be here on the sidelines cheering you on. 

Have a blessed Friday. xox

1 comment:

  1. I think this is my favorite of all the 3 looks. I just love how saturated the colors are but they still work with each other rather than fighting each other. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete