Monday, August 15, 2011

Knit Me

Knit Tunic: Matthew Williamson 4 Macy’s, Studded sandals: Chinese Laundry @ Ross, Rings: Gifted, Vintage Noah’s Arc charm bracelet: Sustelux Vintage





Good knit is like love at first site: its carnal allure draws you and once locked in, you can never rid yourself of that damn knit.  But I’m not mad at it, drown me in knits and once I swim to the surface I’ll shout for more in between fistfuls of yarn.



I met the knit of my dreams the other day, chunky and over-sized just like I like em.  This Matthew Williamson for Macy’s perforated knit tunic hung idol on the marked down Macy’s rack longing for me to approach, and once I did, words cannot describe our attraction.  What I enjoy most about knits are there luxe and relaxed fit.  Fitted or loose, a good knit is always an easy piece to wear and look fabulous in.  Knitting dates back as far as the 1400’s with European paintings showcasing the Virgin Mary going at it with her knitting needles.  This particular tunic is perforated knit, basically cut out designs in the fabric.  We mostly associate knits with the open weave loops that we know so well which are called bights.  Honestly, I’ll take a knit in any form, I’m not picky.



Not sure if this tunic is a dress, but I’m sporting it as so for this season.  Once fall sneaks around I’ll change it up again. 



Have an amazing Monday and don’t forget to enter the Erika Lauren Design jewelry GIVEAWAY.  Winner will be announced this Wednesday so you still have time to cop an amazing piece of handcrafted jewelry, enter HERE.  


Vs of the Day - Galatians 5:13
"You, my brothers, were called to be free.  But do not use your freedom to indulge the sinful nature; rather serve one another in love."

No comments:

Post a Comment