Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Pajama Party

  
 Satin Tunic: Vintage, Embroidered Pants: Nigeria, Shoes: Costume National
“The Greats” Audrey Hepburn, Sophia Loren & Greta Garbo

 

pAJaMA’S HarDly ever Get to ParTy, Except Now! I’m not sure if this vintage piece is even part of a pajama set and I think it may be a dress, but I sport it as a tunic with relaxed fitting pants usually.  What really drew me to it was its pj-esque look and feel.  It’s charmingly simple with its mandarin collar and delicate white piping.  Takes me back to old Hollywood days when “The Greats” would lounge around in the most unusually couture sleepwear.  It was only a matter of time before the trend train brought aboard such a sleek ensemble. 
Now according to the fashion trend-yalaters (neat word I just coveted meaning high ranking officials),  this may be a last season trend, and if so, I've committed a fairly heinous crime!  Well, excuse me for opting out.  This is a timeless style, and I’ll never give it up! 
Hope you had a wonderful weekend. xoxo
Photos By: habituallychic.blogspot.com & refinery29.com

No comments:

Post a Comment