Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Dream Travels...

 
Double Breasted Coat: Rachel Comey/ Sheer Top: Polyvore/ Jeans: Tag Denim/ Leopard Booties: Liax
 Wool Coat: Vintage Escada/ Paisley Top: Vintage/ Jeans: Express/ Shoes: Silvia Tcherassi

 
I was recently met with another tRAveLing Adventure in my Dream. After Tokyo, I was interested in seeing what could top it, and its Russia baby.  They do it better in the Soviet Union! 

I arrived at Sheremetyevo International airport – 1 of the major 3 in Moscow – this afternoon and am beyond jetlagged, but sleep is not an option when you have a city to see.  Unlike Tokyo, I’ll be touring the city alone and am looking forward to whom I meet along the way.  Immediately after leaving the airport I took the Moscow tube to my hostel style hotel.  Nothing glamorous, but who knows where this adventure will take me.

Once at the hotel, I showered and slipped into some major Moscow attire.  It is frigidly cold here but chic is as understatement in terms of how stylish Moscow women are.  So I decided to go with classic sophistication, for the sake of warmth: a vintage Escada wool coat, paisley top and basic jeans.  Now I’m ready to tour the city, and can I just say, New York has nothing on this place.  A mega metropolis is what I’m immersed in, and although I’m a tad inundated, I can’t let Moscow see me sweat!  I guess it wouldn’t be an adventure without the thrill and a little untapped anxiety.  Bring it on Moscow!  But I really hope I don’t look like a raving tourist right now. 

I’m heading off to Moscow’s Golden Ring tomorrow.  Can’t wait to see what I see!

Quick note, some friends of mine at Seattle University will be hosting their annual fashion show – “Two Natures at War” – Thursday March 1st.  To check out information about the show click HERE.


 Photos By: kaboodle.com/ lagarconne.com/ nostalgiajones.wordpress.com/ comicbooktidbits.com

No comments:

Post a Comment