Monday, November 28, 2011

Rolling Plains

Sweater & Platform Boots: Vintage, White T: American Apparel, Jeans: The Limited, Bone Bracelet: Nigeria, Chain Necklace worn as Bracelet, Silver Cuffs: Vintage, Rings: Gifted


Sometimes one can get so bogged down with the extremities of life that the glories of our world pass by.  I’m guilty of such a thing.  I was invited to spend Thanksgiving weekend in Washington’s Wenatchee wine country.  Its rolling, mountainous plains and scenic vineyards were breathtaking, not to mention their succulent wines!  I’d almost forgotten what a beautiful state I live in – this weekend was a good reminder!

I perused every antique and vintage shop in my peripheral vision and uncovered some magnificent finds, one being this hand knit wool sweater.  It is a mighty fine, find.  I also dug up these 90’s platform boots and am absolutely mesmerized by them.  You will see me sporting these well beyond their wear in the coming months. 

Winter's the time to take advantage of what’s around you, whether it’s 2 or 20 miles away.  Take that trip, explore that random interurban trail.  Be reminded of our worlds glory.

xox 

No comments:

Post a Comment