Monday, October 24, 2011

Caged In

Netted Top: Vintage, Suede Camel Skirt: Alfani, White Tank: Janeville, Booties: Jessica Simpson, Handbag: Big Buddha, Socks: Dads, Bracelets: Gifted


I’m kinda, sorta caged in this netted silvery top, and I like it!  Netted, knitted, knotted whatever, more please?  I’m a texture kind of girl.  Meaning if I can sub a garment as say, an earring holder or some other DIY arts and crafts project, then that piece is most likely a keeper in my book.  Clothes aren’t as durable as they once were and should therefore have a shelf life that goes beyond simply wearing them.  Call me crazy, but after we wear, we should play and I can think of a vat sized amount of uses this netted coverall can sub in as once it reaches its retirement as a top.

Back to texture.  That’s what makes the statement in a garment sometimes – usually it’s color, but after, all eyes narrow in on what the hell it’s made of?  The buttery smooth furs, tickly mohair, rough yet fine tweeds.  They’re timeless fabrics!  Pieces your children's children will pass down - dry-clean.  I’ll rack in on texture any day.  Texturize me!

Have a delightful start to your week. xox

No comments:

Post a Comment