Friday, October 21, 2011

Boudoir Chic


Sheer Top: Standards & Practices, Beaded Bustier: Vintage



I’ve always been a bit obsessed with the slinky undergarments us women get to wear, and how they’re nicely decorated in our armoires.  With that thought I’m suddenly flooded with memories of my mum and her satiny garters and slip dresses all tucked away in her enormous red wood dressing cabinet.  I kid you not, as a little girl I’d sit in her room and play dress up in all of her undergarments, (I know, I was a weird one) – I could not wait to start compiling my own (hints my eager cry for a training bra way before its time), and that I did.  I am actually a grade A hoarder of lace panties and bras, but I like to refer to myself as a collector.  Anywho, I wondered, “how will I transfer my love for delicate under dressings into my everyday style?”  What I found is something we can all play dress up with.

Take any sheer blouse you have and bustier (both can be purchased at any of your local vintage shops), and sport your bustier over your satin blouse – voila, boudoir chic!  If that’s too much of a good thing for you, do it the easy way and wear your bustier underneath your sheer frock.  But I’m telling you, you’re taking all the fun out of it!

Go forth and let it all hang out!  Happy Friday. xox

No comments:

Post a Comment