Friday, July 22, 2011

Life Aquatic

Vintage Suede Coat: Punctuation


Fall is right around the corner (particularly for those of us in Seattle where it feels as if fall has already interrupted our not so sunny summer), meaning it’s time to prepare for the season to come.  I recently uncovered this vintage suede trench style coat at Punctuation art gallery/vintage pop-up shop on Capitol Hill.  The blinding turquoise color of this jacket had me at first sight.  As soon as I put it on I was under its beautiful spell – fit like a charm. 
An exceptionally tailored coat is a fall essential.  It’ll become one of your go to pieces due to the weather, and can be incorporated into various looks.  It’s one thing to have several mediocre fall jackets, it’s another thing to have one impeccably fitted coat that not only looks sleek and stylish, but is ultra flattering because the fit is proportionate to your shape.  I got a little lucky with this particular coat: I wasn’t necessarily looking for it, and based on the size you'd swear it was made for me.  The price was a bit steep, but it’s time I start investing in big girl coats.  If vintage isn’t your thing start at local dept stores like Burlington Coat Factory, they have fabulous coats all year around, or TJMaxx and Marshalls.
Happy hunting and have a lovely Friday. xox

No comments:

Post a Comment