Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Woodland Wrangler

T-shirt: Target, Jeans: DIY cutoff, Vintage Crocodile Skin Cowboy Boots & Polka Dot scarf: The Vutique, Moto Vest: Wetseal, Leather Belt: Aeropostale, Jewelry: gifted/random



Photographer: Jamie Morel

Who says a wrangler can’t be a dread headed woodland creature lassoing up squirrels and other miniature sized wild animals.  At least that’s what I felt like while in this gorgeous wood rocking these ultra vintage cowboy boots.  I was hoping the scene would emulate a midsummer night’s dream, but how can it when I look as if I belong in a new age western classic.  Anyways, I’m enjoying the ambiguity of it all, so I’m going to go with it.
I can’t get enough of these vintage crocodile skin cowboy boots.  I love throwing them on with just about everything.  I’ve discovered that’s the beauty about them, they don’t fit one look and who says they have to.  If you want to sport your cowboy boots with a sequined gown be my guest, just be confident in it, I’ll probably think it’s the chicest look ever.  Anywho, I rocked the boots with a pair of DIY cutoff Bermuda shorts, which you can easily do at home with a pair of scissors and a seam ripper.  Just take a pair of old jeans decide their new length and cut, or use a seam ripper to rip the seams of an old pair of Bermuda shorts to make them longer and give them a “Pirates of the Caribbean” makeover.  I threw on an old Rolling Stones tee and biker vest and I was ready to go – effortless summer look utilizing some of my favorite pieces (aka: my boots).
I’m off till next time, gotta saddle up the 4x4!  Xox

Vs of the Day – 2 Corinthians 4:7 
“But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us.  We are hard pressed on every side but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed...”

No comments:

Post a Comment