Sunday, July 24, 2011

Eye Opium

SOUND NEEDED/PUMP UP THE VOLUME

I’d like to share this phenomenal video featuring one my new favorite bands: Tame Impala.  This video isn’t originally for the song, but it might as well be because it’s bloody brilliant!  The gentleman who made this video is a master mind: every cord of the song matches up perfectly with the visual picture and the emotion it emits, it drifts you somewhere else – I kid you not I felt like I was floating while watching it.  Of course the video wouldn’t be half of what it is without the band. 
Tame Impala is... I guess you could call it psychedelic rock, composed by 3 very talented gentlemen.  Reminiscent of a new age Beatles with their “beat poetry,” their music almost lulls you into a parallel universe, at least it does for me and I ain’t mad it!  There composition as a whole is so beautiful it’s almost ingenious – says the hippie at heart.  The video is icing on the bands poppy filled cake; it is rather long, about 7 minutes but worth every single millisecond.  Try and watch it all the way through undisturbed, you’ll thank me later.
Remember art births fashion, fashion nurtures style. Have a lovely Sunday. xox


Verse of the Day - Ecclesiastes 7:20
"There is not a righteous man on earth who does what is right and never sins."

No comments:

Post a Comment