Saturday, July 30, 2011

BBS Muse: OE





Straight up Old English may quench one’s thirst in a New York heat wave, but I’m not referring to the bland malt beverage when I say OE.  Oroma Elewa is far from your average beer, this woman is on some top shelf liquor’ status.  The incandescent Elewa is a hustler at heart, and I ain’t mad it.  She’s a model, photographer, stylist, director and most recently, Founder and Editor-in-Chief of the deliciously stylish Pop’ Africana magazine.  Did I mention she’s Nigerian – BONUS!  This woman continues to blow my mind, and I love how she’s representing for my home country Nigeria. 

Pop’ Africana magazine, based in New York, showcases the riche fashion and art culture flowing throughout the continent of Africa.  The magazines esthetic is so alluring and dynamic – there’s nothing like it.  Africa is brimming with riveting high fashion and art, but the western world has been unaware of its power and beauty, until now.  Words can’t express how ecstatic I am to see a movement such as Pop’ Africana, I only hope that I’ll be able to contribute to its magic.  Can I get a hell yeah for the Vogue of Africa!  For more information about Pop' Africana or Oroma Elewa click HERE.

This woman is definitely a BBS Muse, how could she not be and she hasn't even reached her peak...can you say inspiration.


Vs of the Day - Matthew 11:28
"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.  Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.  For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."



Photo Credit: anotherafica.net, cocoacreme.com, popafricana.com, streetpeeper.com, vogueit.com, bfaync.com, sartorialme.com, thegoodgoodblog.blogspot.com, pourpoter.com

No comments:

Post a Comment