Monday, June 27, 2011

Fashion on the Boardwalk


Last week I had the pleasure of attending the Fashion Network Seattle’s annual fashion event and fundraiser, Haute Summer Night: Fashion on the Boardwalk.  This year’s beneficiary was no other than the one and only, Sew Beautiful.  The director and I were so honored to be chosen, and made sure to show our appreciation by showing out!  Notice I’m rocking the dress from my most recent Viva La Vintage post?

Sew Beautiful Founder and Director, Kanika Green & I

Designer behind Rene Ropas: you may remember her last collection feat. on BBS

 
Synonymous with the boardwalk theme, the venue was set up with Coney Island-esque booths that featured local designers, while models strutted on a boardwalk style catwalk that spanned from room to room.  Guests sipped on cocktails supplied by Nuero (I limited myself to one glass of Merlot), and snacked on boardwalk themed goodies – the turkey hot dog was superb.  Once I was able to part from the goodies table, operation networking began.  

Loved their refreshing style
Her top is actually a scarf – one word, innovative!
CEO of Fashion Network Seattle, Shalonne and Sew Beautiful Director, Kanika Green.  These women are killin' the game

 
Miss Washington USA & I 
Purple & Gold, Gucci anyone?
She was workin’ that maxi dress

The night was luminous, literally there were lights all over that place.  I had such a good time and am thankful for the Fashion Network Seattle for selecting Sew Beautiful as this year’s fundraiser recipient.  I’m excited for what’s to come for Sew Beautiful, I’ll keep you guys posted.





No comments:

Post a Comment