Saturday, June 25, 2011

DIY: Cut-off TEE

Before
After



On Monday I shared some of my recent finds, which included this very adorable Mickey Mouse tee that I told you I planned to demolish.  I began the first stages of construction and wanted to share it with those who only want to take their reworking so far.  Basically it’s pretty simple, to grudge down and rock up an old tee cut off the sleeves.  This is basic DIY at its best. 


I’m all about making clothes your own, and if that involves altering something in a minor or major way, so be it!  Don’t feel limited to wearing your clothes as is, if you want more out a garment, give it more.  Changing a garment makes it that much more personalized and signature to you – so tweak everything you got if you have to.


I love the way this tee looks and fits with the sleeves cut off.  It’s reminiscent of the classic motorcycle tee and goes perfect with your favorite pair of destroyed denim or shorts.  Cutting off the sleeves is also an easy way to make an old “wear around the house shirt” a go to summer tank top.  I cut the sleeves of right at the seam, but if you want skinnier straps make a marking a couple inches away from the shirt collar and cut from the armpit seam to the marker point.  This particular shirt had the collar cut off already, which is another easy peesy thing you can do to relax the look of a too high t-shirt collar.  Can’t wait to show you what else I do.  Till next time.  xox 

Vs of the Day - 2 Timothy 1:7
"For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline."

No comments:

Post a Comment