Friday, March 18, 2011

Rih Rih for American Vogue

Chanel Pre-Fall 2011 lace dress

Chloe mesh dress

 
Herve’ Leger by Max Azria cutout swimsuit & Alexander Wang peep toe booties

Donna Karen bodysuit

Lanvin’ silk dress


Received my April 2011 issue of Vogue the other day, and was presently surprised to find Rihanna gracing the cover for the ‘shape’ issue of the magazine.  Shot by iconic photographer, Anne Leibovitz, the pictures look...nice.  The aerial mood was captured phenomenally, and it does make me feel like romping around a beach with barely there pieces of clothes on, showing off my womanly curves.  But I’m a bit bored with the spread.  Aside from that, it’s an amazing accomplishment for Ms. Rih shooting her first American Vogue – that’s kinda like a big deal!

I do prefer Rihanna’s Grace Jones inspired Vogue Italy spread back in September of 09, shot by famed photographer, Steven Klein.  I love the grittiness of the shoot, the rocker couture wardrobe, the black and white photos, basically its rawness entirely.  


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Both Rihanna’s American Vogue and Italian Vogue spreads are gorgeous.  They show that this woman is versatile: she is multifaceted.  Now that I am comparing the two, I am inspired to further explore my many facets, and let them take life.  I also want to take some of my looks to the next level by mix-mashing together Rih’s couture rocker in Vogue Italia, and womanly elegance of American Vogue – this is going to be fun!  TRY THIS AT HOME – you don’t hear that ish everyday, so try it, be creative and have fun.  Your style is what you make of it.  It’s not what you have to be, but what you want it to be.  It’s all you boo, so go ahead and let people see you and know you’re here!  I want to know how it turns out to, because you’ll be seeing what I came up with very soon ;)

I want to make a quick shout out to my bestie Adriana for inspiring me with her new found freedom and septum piercing – I love you mi mamacita.



Photo Credit: beautydiverse.com, designerscouch.org, whatthehellz.com






No comments:

Post a Comment