Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Ratatouille


Alright peeps so I’ve recently taken up the unspeakable act of cooking! It hasn’t really been my forte’ but seeing that I’m now forced to feed myself I’ve been rather drawn to the practice. I’m starting with baby steps as to not get in over my head and recently prepared this very simple yet extremely flavorful and delicious veggie dish called Rataouille.

What You’ll Need

-        1 eggplant, chopped
-        2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
-        1 large onion, chopped
-        2 red bell peppers, seeded, chopped
-        1 can diced tomatoes
-        2 zucchinis, sliced
-        1 squash, sliced
-        1 celery stick, sliced
-        4 tbsp olive oil
-        1 tsp sugar 
-        2 tbsp chopped fresh chopped thyme


Cut up all your veggies and separate your eggplants in a colander sprinkling with a little salt. Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat and add the garlic and onions stirring for about 3 minutes. Rinse your eggplant making sure to drain all the water and add to the saucepan with your red bell peppers stirring for about 10 minutes until everything’s nicely sautéed. Finish off the dish by stirring in your tomatoes, zucchini, squash, celery, sugar and thyme and bringing the mixture to a boil, stirring, then reducing the heat.  

Yummy! This a great vegetarian dish or served atop mashed potatoes or alongside couscous. Enjoy mi’ amors and let me know how it tastes! Meow.

Tell a frenemy!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment