Friday, September 30, 2011

Weightless

Embroidered Gauze Blouse:Gifted, Jeans:William Rast, Sandals:Nine West


Photos By: Jamie Morel



Good gifts are sometimes hard to come by, but when they do come, in there dainty rappings etched with an even daintier message, it makes for a very pleasant experience.  My mum just returned from Nigeria and brought me back this gorgeous gauze embroidered blouse – she knows me all to well!  It is so light and fluffy, a traditional piece from India, complete with pants and a rap.  It's incredible how something so far from mainstream can still carry its essence with such grace.

Although the blouse is sheer and I’m more than positive the women of India, or Nigeria for that matter, would never sport it without a camisole, I’d like to bask in its translucent glory and subject my colored negligee to onlookers.  You seen one red bra, you’ve seen them all!

In addition to its beauty, there’s an ease about this top. Yes, I do love extra, but it’s nice to wear something of no fuss, void of all the bells and whistles of fashion.  Sometimes a piece like this is as essential as an LBD, especially when “it’s just one of those days” (I feel you Monica).  What’s your weightless piece like?

Goodness, it’s Friday already.  Make it count! xox

No comments:

Post a Comment