Friday, September 9, 2011

Does It Like She Can



















Blazer: Nordstrom, Vintage blouse w/ leather lapel: The Vutique, Indigo shorts: American Apparel, Shoes: Burlington Coat Factory, Necklaces: thrift, Bracelets: gifted


Photographer: Jamie Morel


Style has proven to be an all natural purge of all the crazy, chaotic and beautiful things prowling about inside my head.  With style I’m forced to wear - what may be considered an inhibition – on my sleeve and I love it!  Isn’t it fantastic how freeing fashion can be when you take it and make it your own?  What other art form gives its audience that sovereignty – if you know, pass on the good news, I’ll be on that joker like white on rice! 

My style has taken me on quite a rollercoaster of emotions and experiences: it’s forced me to be subservient and perceptive when I’d like to do otherwise, it’s caused me to look within, it’s taught me strength and know-how, it’s brought me to the brink of frustration, and most importantly it’s made me laugh and love through it all. 

Do you realize that we are the muses of fashion, yes real people like you and I.  The design houses and labels are inspired by everyday people and they’re lifestyles.  Why is it so unobtainable then you might ask?  Because designers use their dominion to re-create everyday inspiration. So why the hell wouldn’t you do it with your style and build a following all your own?  Give them some real inspiration, take their work and make it do what it do in your own way.  If you believe that you possess that power within, than who can be against you?  You’re their walking canvas.  The late and admirable Coco Chanel said it best “fashion is in the sky, in the street, fashion has to do with ideas, the way we live, what is happening.”  I feel you Coco...

Have a blessed Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment