Friday, August 26, 2011

Picked A Fine Time For Getting Open Off Life Like A Fine Wine

Ankara dress: gifted, Studded sandals: Chinese Laundry, Bracelet: gifted, Necklaces: gifted/random, Belt: mum



What a day I’ve been having – one of insight, humility and untapped strengths.  Who knew that when I slid on this Ankara dress I would be dressing for what’s to come.  Have you ever put on the perfect look for that day, whether it be horribly nasty or unconventionally refreshing: somehow what you put on fit that moment, as if it were the missing puzzle to a 2,000 piece miniature set – that's a big ass puzzle!


Anywho, I became more delighted as the day went on at how ideal this dress felt at that time (yesterday).  The dress was a gift from my cousin in Nigeria, (she’s soo good at that)!  I love that it’s ruched along the bust and fluid the rest of the way down; it is so incredibly comfortable that I could probably go through life wearing this dress alone, hey my first love is shoes.  This traditional Nigerian Ankara fabric is decorated with dollar signs, that of which I didn’t catch on to until I returned to the states from Nigeria.  I added a simple skinny belt to the waistline for some flare, and then stacked on some neck and arm candy for more flare!  I had some extra suede leather cording lying around so I added the peace pendent and made a choker.  I’m sporting the necklace from my Auntie Coco as a wrap around bracelet.  If you have a long necklace, try rocking it multiple ways like as a wristlet, a fitted belt for the smallest part of your waist (right below your ribcage), or a handbag accessory. 

On a side note, I’m not one to toot my own horn but we – as in the wonderfully beautiful creatures that inhabitant this earth – are pretty bloody fabulous!  “And if you don’t know, now ya know.”  Have a blessed Friday. oox. 


Vs of the Day
"If we were made in His image then call us by our name, most intellects do not believe in God but they fear us just the same."


Photo Credit: pedaltothemetal.tumblr.com, weheartit.com

2 comments: