Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Playing Dress Up

Floral shorts: Rave, T-Shirt: Two In The Shirt, Floral wedges: GoJane, Sunglasses: Vintage Liz Claiborne





The 4th of July marks the true introduction to the summer – at least it does here in Seattle.  A time to compose lax looks, while still reflecting your style and personality. 

Floral is a timeless summer staple in terms of print: it’s always in and always looks good.  These vintage inspired high waisted shorts are a nice break from the denim cutoff.  They’re breezy and the floral print gives them a whimsical appeal in my opinion.  I accented the shorts with a pretty outrageous t-shirt; a local company here in Seattle that I used to intern for back in the day day, which in turn led to a large collection of free shirts.  I like the edge the t-shirt brings, if you decide to try this look at home pair your shorts with an old t-shirt with an ambiguous message to throw things off just a bit. 

I paired the ensemble with a pair of floral sandal wedges, (can’t get enough floral), which I shared HERE.  A flat sandal will pair just fine, or even better, a flat lace up espadrille, which I believe are currently available at good ol Target and Payless.  Because this look is so rich in colors and prints, I limited the jewelry.  I’d probably suggest a simple stud earring.  If you wanted to up the ante, per se, I would suggest adding a chunky necklace, (keep the earrings small though).  Accent the look with a rebellious biker jacket or vest, or keep it dainty by throwing a simple fridge shawl over your shoulders.  Add a pair of vintage sunnies to complete your casual summer look.

Alright, time to work it out!  Have a lovely Wednesday. xox


Vs of the Day - Hebrews 8:6
"But the ministry Jesus has received is as superior to theirs as the covenant of which he is mediator is superior to the old one, and it is founded on better promises."

No comments:

Post a Comment