Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Viva La Vintage

Vintage lace dress



I recently added this pretty vintage lace dress to my wardrobe thanks to The Vutique.  I use the word “pretty” loosely since this dress is obviously beyond such a basic term, but needs it in order to properly represent its daintiness.  I know what some of you may be thinking, “that looks like a slip, does she plan to where that outside her bedroom?”  First off, yes I do and second, paint a picture with me here for a minute and see what I see.  Imagine this dress with vintage cowboy boots and a casual grandpa sweater or cardigan, now float pass that image and visualize a strappy espadrille paired with this dress...very Dolce and Gabbana S/S 2011 huh?  Now you’re seeing what I’m seeing. 



This piece was actually reworked by The Vutique’s designer.  He shorted the dress and added the lace and chiffon paneling at its hem.  I love it.  Classically graceful and simple.  I plan on rocking this dress a million and one ways! 


If you like what you see try this at home.  Be sure that the dress you use can be worn outside the bedroom, although if it’s a little on the sheer side it’s all good, the lingerie as daywear trend is still relevant – but remember, we want to look chic, not cheap.  Pair your lace ensemble with ballet flats and a cardigan or vintage riding boots for a rugged rendition.  Play around a little and make this look your own, and have fun with it.

 
Vs of the Day – John 5:19
“The Son can do nothing by himself; he can do only what he sees his Father doing, because whatever the Father does the Son also does.  For the Father loves the Son and shows him all he does.  Yes, to our amazement he will show him even greater things than these.  For just as the Father raises the dead and gives them life, even so the Son gives life to whom he is pleased to give it.”

No comments:

Post a Comment