Monday, May 30, 2011

A New Suit


Hounds-tooth print blazer
  
Kente fabric blazer
The designer





 
British designer Adrian Sauvage and suit extraordinaire is killing me softly with his newest collection of premium made suits.  The suits svelte silhouette is inspired by the classic look of the 1950’s madmen.  These pieces are impeccably made and are designed with simplicity in mind, as opposed to the everyday suit with various bells and whistles.  The Ghanaian designer ditches the cuff links and belt loops and replaces it with discrete waist latches to tighten the fit.  Sauvage also uses native Ghanaian fabrics such as Kente, and classic prints like hound’s-tooth for his blazers and pants. 

The b-ball player turned designer is from London but originates from Ghana.  I don’t know what convinced this gentleman to leave his basketball career in the dust to pursue a future in fashion, but I ain’t mad at it!  I am deeply in love with each one of his suits and would love to add one to my wardrobe.  For those of you who don’t know, I love the incorporation of menswear against the daintiness of a woman’s piece.  It’s fun to blur the lines a bit by mixing the 2 styles: feminine with structure.

My favorite piece by far out of his entire collection is that hounds-tooth blazer, damn I want that blazer, I can’t even put it into words!  To learn more about the designer click HERE.


Vs of the Day – 2 Corinthians 12:9
“My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.  Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me”


Photo Credit: thisisnotasuit.tumblr.com, gq-magazine.com

No comments:

Post a Comment