Monday, June 13, 2011

Aspire and Inspire




Here’s a look at my most recent vision board.  For those who don’t know, a vision board is a compilation of images or words that inspire and empower you.  It’s a representation of current and future goals, spiritual well being and anything and everything else that you believe makes you the bomb chica you are. 

I’m in the process of learning how to create an electronic vision board so I can birth a new one every week – that’s how much craziness is in my mind that desperately needs to be emptied out.  For now, I’ll continue to do it the old fashion way, collage style with magazine clippings and some glue paste.

Lately I’ve begun to understand and accept the fact that I’m experiencing major transition in my life and within my spirit.  For a minute there I was stuck in a process: I didn’t know how to go ahead because it was to unfamiliar, and I refused to go backwards because it no longer represented me.  Now I’m bulldozing through the BS and welcoming the unfamiliar.

Change and transition is a beautiful thing.  Forgive me if I’m sounding a bit like a self help guru because I’m no expert, but I know somebody out there will feel me, so let me offer some words of wisdom, take it or leave it.  A caterpillar is never aware of what was put in it to become, but it knows to build a cocoon or whatever that thing is called, and through that process comes change.  We may not know what was put in us to become, but someone greater knows, all we have to do is get through the process that was put before us, and push through the transition so we can emerge as the butterfly we were meant to be – a finer, leaner, sexier butterfly!

Have a lovely Monday and get cracking on those vision boards.  Let me know how it goes.  xox

No comments:

Post a Comment