Thursday, April 28, 2011

Full Bloom

Vintage dress: Redlight, Shoes: F21, Jewelry: gifted/random


Photographer: Janae Jones


For those of you in Seattle you know that the weather has not been very kind, I’m not discounting that glorious Saturday we got last week – thank the Lord – but man can we get a whole week like that!  Anywho, I wasn’t going to let that stop me from stepping out in this marvelous dress – which I wore for Easter Sunday, but then wore again since no one outside of Church saw me in it.  Yes I am a repeat outfit offender, and? 

This floral dress is amazing, so light weight and flattering, especially when cinched at the waist with a wide belt.  I love the floral and polka dot mix print and billowy sleeves, it’s an effortlessly sleek dress for spring and summer, and did I mention super affordable!  This dress was a steal for $18 at a vintage sanctuary on Capitol Hill, (I don’t mean sanctuary in a literal sense but it’s what I like to refer to these vintage half way houses as until there inhabitants come home with me). 

In addition to being a popular trend this season, sheer, flowing dresses are great go to staples for the warmer seasons.  The light weight chiffon drapes fabulously on any figure, hiding what you don’t want seen and highlighting what you do, plus it’s a simple yet chic look, all you have to do is throw it over your body and you’re good to go.  Like I said, add a belt at the waist to show of your natural curves, throw on some strappy sandals with light, dewy makeup and this look can take you from day to night. 

Thank you J, for your dope photog skills yet again.  I hope everyone enjoys their Thursday and gets some well deserved r&r, until next time. xox

No comments:

Post a Comment