Sunday, October 24, 2010

Kanye West's "Runaway"

On a non-fashion note but very stylistic music tip I’d liked to bring attention to Mr. Kanye West’s new mini movie titled “Runaway”.  Throughout the movie plays various unreleased Kanye West songs; there is very little dialogue between the 2 main characters but instead the movie is extremely visual.  The movie irked me in a way that kept me captivated.  The symbolism throughout the movie is so literal that I kept rewinding over pieces to re-digest what I had just seen.  While I was watching I could only think that Kanye or Mr. West decided to share a very short piece of the world that he lives and breaths in everyday, with us.  Not the world we operate in everyday but something completely obscure and jaggedly beautiful but almost intangible to the everyday society.  What I took from it is that once you’re invited into this world and you dine with its elites, converse with its wives, and sleep with its mistress eventually you’ll want to runaway as well, or I don’t know, a select few will want to while others will enjoy themselves and want to stay…I’m just sharing what I took from it.  All I can say is thank you Mr. West for sharing, I enjoyed the tour.  Watch below and post a comment about what you thought. 


No comments:

Post a Comment