Monday, August 29, 2011

Needles

Vintage Donna Karen blouse: The Vutique, Denim cut-off shorts: F21, Crushed velvet heels(old): JLO @ Nordstrom, Vintage cuff: Sustalux, Cable knit clutch: random, Necklaces: gifted/thrift


I’ve yet to find an actual needle in a haystack, but the Space Needle is one you can’t miss.  Paris has the Eiffel Tower, New York, the Empire State Building and Seattle has its Needle!  Needless to say swarms of people gather around it only to take the elevator to the tippy top to dine inside the rotating restaurant in the sky – I was one of those people. 



Seattle is an unusually charming city.  There is no place like it.  And when it’s in the mood for warmth, the clouted skies transform into baby blue sweeps of color.  It’s been especially warm lately due to the fact that Seattle officially began experiencing its summer about 2 weeks ago, I ain’t mad it, I’m just happy it’s here!  I’ve taken every opportunity to sport my summer wear, like this vintage Donna Karen silk blouse – isn’t she a beaut.  I was sold once I noticed the cut-out slits on either side of the blouse, such a sensual peek-a-boo moment.  I paired the top with cut-off jean shorts for a redefined evening look.  It’s a refreshing twist to classic evening wear, and I’m sure you have it right there in your own closet.  Take a pair of your favorite jean shorts and pair them with a slinky evening blouse.  Complete the look with a classic pump and clutch and you’re set! 



Have a relaxing start to your week! xxo

No comments:

Post a Comment