Monday, May 23, 2011

What's in the Bag



“What’s in the Bag” is a new feature on BBS where I’ll be documenting the contents in my purse, as well as new skin and beauty care products and other little trinkets that have been added to my collection.

I just recently purchased these yellow jelly sandals by Chinese Laundry from Ross.  I originally stopped by in search of baby basics for a gift basket I was hoping to put together, but eventually sauntered over to the shoe section just to take a peek.  The sandals were a steal for $8.99.  Yellow is one of my favorite colors and I love the way it looks on my feet! 

My recent reads are “Hard Rain Falling” by Don Carpenter and Gap Japans S/S 2008 Ready-to-Wear designer collections – great way to refresh your memory on the Creative Directors behind the top labels while exploring their aesthetic. 

Now for beauty and skin care.  My sister recently put me on Alba lip balm which uses all natural products, leaving lips kiss-ably smooth and moisturized as opposed to other balms that have lips more chapped then they were before (you know what I’m talking about).  I promise this stuff works!  My other sister got me hooked on Revlon’s lustrous gloss in coral.  I love the light peach tint it gives, not to the point where it is too much, but just enough.  Also this color looks amazing against chocolate skin tones. 

I’ve started using this natural body polish that I purchased at a little shop (can’t remember) here in Seattle, it’s made with sugar crystals and topical oils and leaves my skin smooth and radiate after every use.  I suggest everyone try a nice body polish, they buff away dead skin cells and exfoliate your body.  The Garnier product is a night face moisturizer I’ve been using.  It helps to even and smooth the skin.  With these types of products I try not to use them every night because anything that evens your complexion is going to brighten it as well and I want to make sure that I’m still recognizable to the people that know me.  The small jar with the blue substance is an instant under eye de-puffer from Mary Kay.  I use it in the morning before I put on my make-up and after my moisturizer to help decrease the dead giveaway that I didn’t get much sleep the night before or that I have insane spring allergies.  It’s a quick remedy for tired eyes.

What else do I have in the bag, my celly, planner and business cards, (my numbers on there, call if you dare).  I just found this gold chain necklace at a vintage shop in Seattle.  I love, love it because it was exactly what I had been looking for – don’t you love when that happens. 

Alritey, that’s it for “What’s in the Bag,” till next time.  xox    

Also, ya girl was recently featured on the streetstyle blog, Streets of Fashion Seattle (Thanks SOFS team).  Click HERE to see what I was caught wearing!

Vs of the Day-Proverbs 3:3
“Let love and faithfulness never leave you; bind them around your neck, write them on the tablet of your heart”

No comments:

Post a Comment