Friday, March 25, 2011

Tweed Fun

 



So after searching feverishly, I finally found her – the perfect tweed jacket.  She was tucked away at one of my new favorite vintage shops in Seattle, (The Vutique on Capital Hill).  When I tried her on, she fit like a glove, and I knew then and there she’d be going home with me, haha.  I may sound a little animated, but I’m letting you guys know exactly how I felt. 

 

 

 


Tweed blazer: The Vutique vintage, Linen top: mums closet, Vintage Levi shorts, Patent leather belt: F21, Patent leather shoes: Newport News, Purse: Rampage, Charm bracelet: Juicy Couture, Rings & Earrings: gifted



Photographer: Whitney Wu


You’ll notice that a good majority of the pieces in this look are vintage.  The blazer and shorts are vintage, the purse is from TJMaxx, belt from Forever21 and the shoes were marked down online on Newport News – proving you can find a put together look without having to empty the pockets.  Vintage shops have super chic finds (thank goodness for them), at affordable prices, and all their clothes are signature, meaning no one will have your look but you.  Also, I love shopping at department stores like Ross, Marshalls and TJMaxx.  They have great accessories, shoe finds and really good basics for an outfit, not to mention they’re affordably priced. 

I know that some of you may be a bit apprehensive about shopping online, but you need to cut that fear real quick.  Not only will you find major DEALS and STEALS online, but they offer very pain free returns and exchanges.  Start by purchasing from a site that has store like Nordys, Target, Macys, Payless etc, so that if you get something that doesn’t fit like you’d imagined, you can exchange it at a store near you.  Once you get your sizes and fits right, start shopping around at the different online boutiques.  You won’t be disappointed I promise.

Don't forget to enter the Bora Bora Style x Heart on my Sleeve Jewelry GIVEAWAY!  To learn more about how to enter, READ the post directly below.  Have a good day everyone xoxo!

No comments:

Post a Comment